Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Armani Bar

Address: 2/F Chater House, 11 Chater Road, Central, Hong Kong
Tel: +65 2849 3328

It has been a year but my memory of this place is far from rusty. Well, how could you (aside from the fact that I have documented this in another blog of mine)? A bar blessed with the name of a world class Italian fashion house, drinks with prices on the high end, and a crowd of pretentious (English speaking - or pretend to be) Honkies. Oh Lord.

I couldn't remember what kind of music they were playing, but the fact that I couldn't recall goes to show how impressive it was. Having said that, it's not all negative. The lights were extremely dim, but I was rather fascinated by their use and colour coordination of lights in the design of the bar which made it retro and hip.

The bartender who made us our cocktails was more than inexperienced. Not that I have anything against new starters, but with her where's-my-tumbler and let-me-look-at-my-cheatsheet attitude, I could barely see a budding bartender in her. Though having said that, the other two bartenders appeared to be pretty professional, so I suppose we were just plain unlucky. Though, you would ask the management why would they hire someone like that in the first place.

Our alocoholic concoctions costed us HKD$90 plus service charge, a bit of shocker considering the quality and vibe (I rather go elsewhere with that money).

Verdict: Good place to show off your Armani bag together with your Armani suit, one hand holding the bouquet from Armani Florist your man bought downstairs and sipping an Armani drink with the other, oh and did I mention Armani shoes? How lovely.

Bill: Cocktails - HKD80 - 100 plus service charge

1 comment:

Alfred said...

HKD100 a drink - is that expensive? About RM50 and hence AUD 17, quite standard? But then I wouldn't be able to compete with the rest of the A|X attire. I don't even have a pair of A|X undies/socks!! Hahaha